Services - Federation University Australia

Home > Students > Services > Federation University Australia

At ATMC we are dedicated to providing all our students with the very best support services, so that they have a successful academic and personal experience. In addition to the normal support services, international students are provided with a range of specialist services such as assistance with resume-writing and looking for part-time work. Students have access to welfare-related support services to assist with issues that may arise during their study, including program progress, attendance requirements and accommodation. These services are made available to all ATMC students.

Student Wellbeing and Emotional Support

The Student Welfare and Success department is familiar with the legal requirements of the ‘Education Services for Overseas Students’ Act. Such understanding will include the Code of Practice formed within the act, immigration and visa conditions, welfare arrangements, overseas student health cover.

The department will act in accordance with college policies, procedures and the government legislation pertaining to students, and in particular to the ESOS Act. Provide information on visa conditions such as:
  • Course Progress and attendance requirements
  • Contact details
  • Working while on student visa
  • Providing information about ATMC facilities and procedures
  • Arrange learning support to help with academic difficulties
The SWS Department is responsible for the orientation and on-going welfare of all international students at ATMC. The SWS team will launch the student on their educational journey from orientation to organizing social activities and excursions; we pride ourselves on providing international students with the highest level of support possible. The Manager Student Welfare and Success, Tania Honey, can be contacted via email: or phone +61 3 9631 9118. So please don't be afraid to ask!

Referral Services

The Student Support Officers will answer any general questions students may have and assist students in the settling in period at ATMC Students have access to welfare-related support services to assist with issues that may arise during their study. This can involve referral to relevant services such as:
  • Legal Services,
  • Emergency & health Services
  • Counseling Services etc.
  • Complaints & appeals process
Useful links;

Legal ISLAC 9391 2244 etc
International Student Care Service. Call 1800 056449. email:  
International Student Hotline: 1300 363 079
Information on studying and living in Australia,
For visa information: or call 13 18 81

Orientation Week

Orientation week is organised before the beginning of every semester. All students are given information covering the services, policies, procedures, the course and the detailed training plan at the student’s arrival to the college. We have also compiled a list of things in this Student Induction Manual that are very useful to new students settling into Australia, for further information on study life in Australia please visit the following website;

ATMC is committed to providing the best modern hardware and software solutions for all our students. From diverse operating systems (such as Microsoft Windows, Linux and UNIX) to high end applications software (such as .Net, Java Enterprise, Case Tools etc), ATMC provides training in all of these areas.

All labs are equipped with high-end HP servers, database management solutions, modern multimedia workstations and wireless devices.

Download ATMC Student Handbook

Hostels and Guest Houses

Hostels are usually run by organizations such as Youth Hostels Australia and the YMCA, students share kitchen and bathroom facilities. They range in price from A$80-150 per week.

Carlton Hotel

Geelong has an arrangement with “Carlton Hotel” (a prominent residential property in Geelong city) to provide accommodation to its international students. The accommodation provided at Carlton is self-contained with 1-2 bedroom units. The residences are all within easy access of the campus. All units are self-catering with students being responsible for food, cooking and cleaning. The student residences are educationally oriented and provide great opportunities for academic and personal growth of students. All residences are fully supervised by residential staff.

Consumer Affairs Victoria

Consumer Affairs Victoria has information on your rights and responsibilities when renting a home in Victoria. They can also help if you have a complaint or problem with your landlord. Go to the Consumer Affairs Victoria website call 1300 55 81 81for advice or more information.

Accommodation Websites

If you need ATMC to arrange for Temporary or Permanent student accommodation, please email the request to ATMC at