|Course Name||Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)|
|Duration (Part Time)||N/A|
|Duration (Full Time)||3 Years|
|2019 Course Fees||22,400|
|Intake Dates||March, July, November|
|University||University of the Sunshine Coast|
|Faculty||Business, IT & Tourism|
English Language Requirement
Overall IELTS score of 6 with no individual band score less than 5.5 OR Overall PTE score of 50 with no subscore less than 50 OR equivalent.
Academic Entry Requirements
Australian Year 12 or overseas equivalent Mathematics.
Your pathway to a rewarding career helping clients make better financial decisions. This program gives you a strong foundation to be successful in an accountancy role in any industry. You’ll study a major in accounting and gain skills in financial management, business consulting and financial advising. You’ll specialize in areas such as financial accounting, a law of business associations, company accounting, taxation law, and auditing.
Depending on the major chosen: business management, human resource management, marketing management, market research, international business, importing/exporting, industrial relations, tourism and hospitality management, retail/sales, computing, systems analysis.
In order to graduate you must:
• Complete 6 required introductory level (100 coded) courses
• Complete 10 required advanced level (200/300 coded) courses
• Complete 8 elective courses, 4 must be advanced level (200/300 coded) courses
• Complete no more than 10 introductory level (100 coded) courses, including the core course
• Complete no more than 6 courses from the School of Communication, School of Social Sciences or Faculty of Science, Health, Education and Engineering
• Register any selected majors or minors with the Faculty of Arts and Business.
Introductory courses (6)
ACC106 Accounting Principles
BUS101 Business Analytics
BUS102 Introduction to Economics
BUS104 Management and Organisational Behaviour
BUS108 Introduction to Informatics
COR109 Communication and Thought
Advanced courses (10)
ACC210 Financial Accounting
ACC211 Business Finance
ACC220 Law of Business Associations
ACC221 Company Accounting
ACC310 Management Accounting
ACC311 Taxation Law and Practice
ACC320 Contemporary Accounting Issues
ACC321 Auditing and Professional Practice
BUS203 Business Law and Ethics
BUS320 Corporate Governance and Social Responsibility